The 1st French Pavilion at VeggieWorld Düsseldorf
It’s a premiere at Germany’s biggest vegan trade show “VeggieWorld” in Düsseldorf: for the first time of its existence and due to its internationalisation, VeggieWorld will welcome a “French Pavilion” with four brands from France: Paola Borde, Chateau Galoupeau, Le Rouge Français and Magnethik.
Discover their products ranging from French wine from Bordeaux, over the very famous French lipstick, to French fashion and accessories – and all this 100% vegan!
You can find the Pavilion on the stand E12, close to the “Veggie Stage”, at the weekend from the 26 to 27 October in the Alte Schmiedehallen in Düsseldorf.
But that’s not all: besides the French Pavilion, VeggieWorld will also welcome a Portugese Pavillion! More information will follow soon 🙂
Paola Borde is the fabulous result of two passionate craftsmen who decided to take an ecological and responsible approach for their handbags and accessories, by using only vegetable materials.
That being said, they developed new techniques to use for example cork, pinatex, muskin, fennel and straw and create each unique piece by hand in their workshop located in Côte d’Or, a small village named Vanvey.
As each piece is handcrafted, from cutting the parts, through seams and finishing stains, costumers do not only get an “article” but also the soul from the designers with it.
They offer handbags, moneypockets, necklaces, bracelets, pins, accessories for the hair and rings.
Located in the Entre-deux-Mers region, in the village of Saint-André-du-Bois (Gironde), the « Chateau Galoupeau » estate extends over 25 hectares. The vineyard has been in the family for many generations. Their oldest archives are property deeds for a parcel dating back to 1753. During decades, the estate has been remodeled many times through marriages and successions to become what it is today. Rather than certified organic farming, Veronique and Leo have turned to sustainable and vegan farming. The estate is now certified HVE3 (High Environmental Value) and Terra Vitis.
They will be offering vegan wines in three colours:
- La vie en Rose 2018: This rosé with its beautiful pale pink color develops pleasant fruity aromas while maintaining a great freshness
- Bordeaux Blanc sec 2018: Made exclusively from the Sauvignon grape, this dry white wine develops notes of citrus and white flowers
- Bordeaux Rouge 2018 Sans Sulfite : Beautiful deep color with purplish reflections with a nose of almost jammy black fruits and a touch of cocoa
- Cuvées Sapientia : best selections, aged with oak in red as well as in white
Le Rouge Français
As the name says – the “French Red”, is a young, French brand creating vegan and organic red lipstick. It is certified by cruelty-free, clean beauty, cosmétique bio and ecocert.
The founder of Le Rouge Français, an engineer in biotechnology and a passionate entrepreneur: Elodie! She started her project of creating a cosmetic brand very recently, in October 2017. Being pregnant at that time, she wanted to continue to put red lipstick on, synonymous with seduction and affirmation but couldn’t find a natural alternative which would not cause any risk to the baby.
She then decided to create her own “clean” product by using dye plants which she discovered by the exploring and travelling the world:
- Canarian Roccella
This natural composition is produced by a certified laboratory in the Cosmetic Valley in France and it has been the very first brand which received the “Clean Beauty” certification.
By today, Le Rouge Français, offers four different colours and uses a packaging made by organic apple skin produced in North Italy.
Vegan and passionate about fashion, Fabienne Pomi has launched her fashion brand Magnethik in April 2016. Since then, she has been creating a range of vegan and organic fashion articles which are certified by the label GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard):
- Handbags: nowadays, Magnethik offers a range of six elegant, stylish and ethical handbags which are produced without any animal material like leather, fur or others.
- Coats: the line of coats is brandnew! Launched in 2018, the outer parts are created with the so called “Cebe” technology, known from ski, by using “Polartec” polyester which keeps the body warm, even in the coldest temperature
- T-Shirts : to diversify her offer, Fabienne decided to create t-shirts with organic cotton, which have an impact and message for the animal cause
Another fashion line is already in production: moneypockets produced from Portugese cork and ecological polyurethane.
Magnethik is also holder and award winner of the PETA price for vegan fashion in the categories “Best collection of vegan coats” in 2018 and “Greatest innovation in vegan fashion” of 2016.